Karen Willis Holmes Lauren Gown
AU$880 • Save 70%
- NZ$3,100 Retail price
- -NZ$2,181 Discount (70%)
- — Shipping
- NZ$919 Total (NZD)
This classic yet modern dress ticked absolutely all my boxes. It has off the shoulder fold-over neckline, a cut out back, and a fitted, paneled skirt with a stunning long train that is *chefs kiss*. Karen Willis Holmes totally nailed it with this Lauren gown - I felt elegant, sexy and comfortable all at the same time!
This gown is draped in the most divine stretch fabric which hugs curves perfectly. It looks like a structured, tailored wedding dress but actually uses stretch fabrics so has flexibility in the fit and def accommodated my booty which is more like a size 12. It is double lined so sits smoothly over any lumps and bumps. This dress can easily accommodate size 10- size 14 fit.
I wore this gown with 8.5cm heels (no platform) and the length at the front hit just above to let my shoes peak out. I am 170cm without heels.
This dress is in great condition. Because of the fabric type you do not need to dry clean this (which saves $). A nappy san soak, some scrubbing and then a wash cycle, it came out near perfect (and I had seriously thrashed the dress by the end of the night it looked like I had mopped the dance floor with it). I loved that I didn't have stress about ruining it or a huge post-wedding dry cleaning bill.
There are just a few small brown spots on the skirt (please see video) and slight pilling at the seam.
A few other brides in this dress:
It works on so many different bodies shapes, hair styles and wedding styling/aesthetics.
I spent $500 on alterations to improve the dress, rather than any size specific alterations. This included:
- altering the tie belt into a simple belt that only attached to the front bodice to improve the drape and fit
- added cups into the bust #nobra
- added a hook and eye at the waist to improve drape
- added better hanger tape so it could be stored properly
- added a 3 point bustle to improve drape when bustled (the train is way too heavy for a single point bustle)
- shorten the bodice slightly, as it was quite long, so it sits flat for photographs. You'll notice this on the photos on the KWH website that it creases under the bust.
- replaced zip with buttons for a more elegant vibe
- Condition: Used
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color family: Ivory
- Year: 2019
- Wellington Central, Wellington, New Zealand
- Email verified
- Last seen 3 weeks ago
- Response rate 67%
- Response time within a few days
Sylvia is selling this dress at the lowest price on Stillwhite.
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more