International duty

Yesterday I received an email that indicated that my dress had already arrived in Mexico, but that customs had stopped the package, because the taxes had not been paid. On the page the shipment is calculated but they do not tell you the additional amount of taxes per country. I ended up paying more than double the dress. A dress worn and damaged.
The page as a provider must give all the necessary information. I am very disappointed because with that money I could have bought a new dress, but I trusted in the page ;(

1 Response

Hi Melissa, Every country has its own fee structure and minimum thresholds, It's important to understand these rates as its the buyer's responsibility to pay them before collecting the dress and to know and understand these fees as per our buyer agreement: www.stillwhite.com.au/help/buyer-agreement

Import duty and taxes may be due when buying a dress from another country, even on second-hand items or items marked as gifts. In addition to duty, imports may be subject to other taxes and charges such as sales tax and a Customs Service Fee.

We have provided all this information in our help topic on Import and taxes states this information: www.stillwhite.com.au/help/import-duty-and-taxes

Stillwhite cannot give an exact amount on how much import taxes and customs charges will be as each country's fee structure is different and changes case by case, which means no amount can be predetermined.

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Wonderful service, no time wasters, dress successfully sold. Would highly recommend.
More
seller
Gina, Emerald Beach
4 weeks ago
Brilliant and quick service and purchased my dream dress for half the price! Daisy at fairytale weddings was amazing also!
More
buyer
Chantelle,
1 week ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com.au