Seller protection

There is a lot of info about buyers protection. But as a seller I am just as concerned that I dont get scammed or fraudulent behavior. What does still white do to protect my sale? I have heard of people hacking into paypal and there being issues with payments. I want to make sure my sale isnt scammed.

4 Responses

Hi Allison

Sellers are protected through PayPal's Seller Protection prgram. The following is directly from the PayPal website:

---

If your buyer files a reversal, claim or chargeback against you due to unauthorised transactions or for items not received, PayPal will reimburse the full amount of your eligible transaction and waive the chargeback fee if applicable.

PayPal Seller Protection is provided to our sellers with no additional signup or cost. Your eligible transactions are safeguarded with Seller Protection when your buyer raises claims, chargebacks or reversals for the following problems:

- Unauthorised transaction: Buyer claims that they didn’t authorise the purchase, they didn’t make the purchase, or they were victims of identity or credit card theft.
- Item not received: Buyer claims to have never received the goods they purchased.

---

Regards
Bruno

How can a seller protect themselves from a buyer returning a gown as it seems they have 180 days to potentially wear the gown and return it claiming it wasn't as described. I want to protect myself from this issue. Please respond. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl

PayPal has become the global standard for online sales between 2 private parties. When a buyer opens a PayPal dispute, you both have an opportunity to state your case. PayPal will take into account the actual issue with the item, your chat history, any photos you send them and the elapsed time since purchase.

It's always a good idea to take photos of the dress as you pack it for shipping, and photos of the dress in the shipping packaging before sending.

Once you submit your evidence, ultimately the PayPal dispute resolution team will decide how to resolve the case. If the case is resolved in the buyers favour, they will need to send the dress back to the seller at their own expense. At this point the seller has an opportunity to inspect the dress to make sure it's in the same condition it was sent in.

At the time of writing, over US$800,000 worth of wedding dress have been sucessfully sold on Stillwhite in the past 30 days with 74% of them being shipped and paid for via PayPal.

If you prefer to avoid online payments altogether, you also have the option to hold out and wait for a buyer who lives in your local area.

Thank you. My only concern is someone potentially removing it from the package and then wearing it and sending it back. I had it heirloomed and I do not want to have to do that again. I hope for the best as I am also sending my own invoice to protect myself and disclose All Sales Final.

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Thank you, I found my dream dress and paid half the price for it!!
More
buyer
Soph, Melbourne
4 weeks ago
My experience was very positive and seamless. The privacy and conversations between me and the seller were good. Payment option was easy. Dress has not arrived yet but it was the weekend/holiday. I would recommend this service to anyone who's serious about buying a used dress. Ask a lot of questions.
More
buyer
Melissa, Denver
4 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com.au