Last Minute Bride - Casablanca beaded gown

Has anyone from the UK purchasing dresses from Last Minute Bride in USA been stung by customs and import tax? Mine has arrived at Tonbridge depot and they are saying I must pay £222.96 or they'll hold it for 20 days and send it back! I was expecting a little dusty, but nothing like this and not sure I would have even purchased the dress if I had any idea of the extra amount that would have to be spent to get it on top of spending nearly £1000 already on it. A word of advice to any brides who havent yet purchased from Last Minute Brides store or anywhere outside your country of residence, make sure you factor at least £250 for customs and import taxes (depending on the weight of your dress and what you paid for it) into your budget.

2 Responses

Hi Adeshola, It's important to understand your own country's import and duty taxes before purchasing your dress as its always the buyer's responsibility to pay them before collecting your dress.

Import duty and taxes may be due when buying a dress from another country, even on second-hand items or items marked as gifts. In addition to duty, imports may be subject to other taxes and charges such as sales tax and a Customs Service Fee.

Fail to pay these fee's may result in you losing the dress and not being able to get a refund. For more information please visit our help topic here: www.stillwhite.com.au/help/import-duty-and-taxes

Thanks Joanna, but there's no way of buyers knowing even appropriately how much duty or tax they'll have to pay when purchasing the dress, so I was merely raising awareness and asking for others experiences really. Adeshola

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Had a great experience buying and re-selling my perfect dress! Recommend you to everyone I know!!
More
seller
Delainey, San Diego
3 weeks ago
Amazing - couldn't have been easier! Highly recommend :) xx
More
seller
Lesley, Melbourne
1 week ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com.au