Our policies are designed to help create a fair and safe trading experience for all Stillwhite users. As a seller, you're responsible for regularly reviewing and complying with Stillwhite's selling policies, and for meeting your obligations as set out in this agreement.
We recommend that you learn about Stillwhite’s selling policies before you list an item. This helps you avoid accidentally breaking any rules. If you fail to follow the rules, to protect the integrity of our marketplace, we may take certain actions such as removing your listings and limiting your buying and selling privileges.
The listing page is where buyers get most of their information about a dress. Information in the listing helps buyers decide what to buy and know what to expect when they receive the item. It's important to make sure that the listing is only used to describe the actual item for sale in a professional way.
- Specify the condition of the actual dress for sale
- Provide complete and accurate details and dress history
- Describe any defects or flaws in the dress – this helps avoid problems or buyer dissatisfaction
- Misrepresenting the designer, including conflicting product information in a listing, such as designer “Vera Wang” but writing “Vera Wang inspired” in the description
- Listings that contain more than one dress for sale or made to order dresses
- Changing the listing to another dress
- Offering a dress for rent
- Including contact details such website links, phone numbers or email addresses
- Listings that contain inappropriate or offensive opinions or comments or other content that does not relate to the sale of the dress
For more information, refer to What items can I sell on Stillwhite.
Photos are one of the most important parts of a listing. Pictures let buyers see details that you can't put in words, and allow them to form accurate expectations around their purchases. Including clear and detailed photos of your items will help you to keep buyers happy by letting them see exactly what they will be getting. We require at least one photo in your listing, but suggest that you include many clear pictures of your dress.
- Include photos of the actual dress for sale
- Include large, clear photos – we recommend making pictures at least 1600 pixels on the longest side
- Include pictures of any flaws so that buyers can see what they are getting
- Using copyright photos without permission
- Adding additional text, borders, artwork or marketing to photos
- Including photos that don't accurately represent the item for sale
- Listing an item without at least one photo
- Using a picture that is less than 500 pixels on the longest side
- Including watermarks
For more information, refer to What photos should I select for my ad.
It’s important to set an asking price that it is fair and competitive.
- Provide an accurate retail price of the dress (when known), minus taxes and alterations
- For businesses, new condition dresses must be discounted by at least 20%
- Advertising a dress for a lower asking price elsewhere
- Providing an inflated retail price to increase the discount offered
- Providing a genuine label retail price for a replica dress
- Increasing the asking price unless to fix a listing error
- Increasing and decreasing the asking price to trigger “Reduced” benefits
- Listing any item for more than 90% of the retail price
For more information, refer to our wedding dress valuator
Do whatever you can to provide excellent service to buyers. Meeting or exceeding their expectations can help you sell faster. If you don’t maintain a minimum response rate and response time, your listing may be paused until it is reached.
- Respond promptly to any questions while selling, as well as after the dress has been purchased
- Treat every potential buyer professionally at all times
- Be responsive to any buyer concerns or problems
- Maintain an average response rate above 80%
- Maintain an average response time of less than 72 hours
- You’re not allowed to promote a business or service
- You’re not allowed to ask buyers for measurements for made to order dresses
- You're not allowed to use profane or offensive language with anyone on Stillwhite
- You're not allowed to send anyone on Stillwhite inappropriate images including nudity, profanity or other general content not related to a Stillwhite listing
We want all Stillwhite members to be able to buy and sell on Stillwhite with confidence. We want our sellers to bring great service and value to our marketplace, and we strive to protect sellers from unfair and unsafe buyer activity.
- Understand the fees associated with PayPal or other payment methods
- Calculate postage to the buyers address when requested
- Add a Buy Now button when buyer wants to pay using PayPal
- Remove the dress from sale immediately after it has been sold
- Only to accept cash when meeting in person. This avoids PayPal fees, delays and disputes. Deals made in person are final
- Accepting unsafe payments including Certified Checks (cheques), Western Union, TransferWise, Venmo etc
- Asking the buyer to send additional funds to cover postage or transaction fees
- Charging the buyer more than the actual postage cost
- Asking the buyer for a deposit or multiple instalments
For more information, refer to Adding Buy Now buttons.
Postage and handling time
Buyers expect their items to be delivered on time, especially when they pay additional fees for express postage services. Using a slower postage service than the one paid for by the buyer may result in the dress being delivered later than expected, and a claim for the dress not being received.
- Send the dress immediately after purchase is marked complete, within 4 business days
- Send the dress only to the address listed in PayPal
- Use tracking, delivery or signature confirmation. Using delivery confirmation can help protect you if a buyer claims an item wasn't received
- Always insure the package for the value of the sale. Insurance can help protect your sale if the package is lost in transit
- You are not allowed to send a dress without receiving full payment for the dress and shipping first
- If payment has cleared, but PayPal doesn't make your funds available immediately, you're not allowed to hold shipment until the funds are released
- You are not allowed to hold shipment while you wait to confirm your bank account with PayPal or while you wait for a PayPal withdrawal to appear in your bank account
- Note: Holding shipment may lead to the buyer claiming a refund
For more information, refer to How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Wedding Dress.
Providing tracking details for a dress you've sold is an industry standard and something that your buyer expects. Tracking data lets buyers know where their package is throughout the delivery process, and can be critical in cases where the buyer claims they didn't receive the dress.
- Add accurate tracking details to your conversation
- Upload tracking details within the handling time of 4 days
- Uploading only a photo of the tracking number, it must be entered
- Uploading information other than valid tracking in the tracking field, including tracking not associated with the transaction
Disputes and returns
Due to the single-use nature of items sold on Stillwhite, you aren’t required to accept returns. However, a buyer could still open a request to return a dress if it doesn't match the listing description, or doesn’t arrive at all.
- Respond promptly to any questions or concerns after a dress has been sent or delivered
- Participate in a resolution program if the dispute is escalated to a claim
- Accept PayPal's resolution as final
- Requesting to close your account within 14 days after a sale or while resolving a dispute